web log free

Saturday, September 09, 2006

The craziest week of the year

So campus for christ is in the craziest week of the entire year. We gave out over 1200 real life kits (a laundry bag with a bible, a highlighter, the case for christ... Josh McDowel's 'The DaVinci Code: a quest for answers'... etc.) and we did a ton of spiritual interest surveys and have an enormous amount of follow-up with students who want to meet to talk about christianity and spiritual things. I am so thankful for seeing how God is working, and this is just the first week.

Here is a prayer request though, I am really tired and I know that a lot of our student leadership is too. These few beginning weeks are heavy with activity because they are so spiritually significant, and the window of time to reach first year students is so short. The harvest is, seriously, mammoth and there is so much that could be done. Would you pray for physical energy, and resting in God's Spirit as our team works together on campus? Would you pray that God would move to raise up more student leaders to join as we follow-up all these students who want to meet to talk about Jesus?

And for my fun thing to do this weekend, I am going to head off to the farmers market. Maybe I'll buy a giant zuccini and stuff it for dinner. A friend of mine got one last week and it was the biggest vegetable I've ever seen. I'm having a friend over for supper and want to make something interesting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web log free