web log free

Friday, September 15, 2006

Like September isn't busy enough.

So, I'm moving again at the end of the month. Yikes. I'll have to fandangle something interesting because the weekend I'm supposed to move I'm working at a retreat with the campus ministry. I'm so thankful I have family and friends in the city to help me out here. I think I'll "pre-pack" the moving truck, go to work at the retreat, and then move in the evening I get back on the first of October. It'll be okay right? Abraham moved his whole life, if he could do it then so can I. Maybe I'll get moving down to a highly refined system and purge enough that my life becomes streamlined and unencumbered by posessions. That would be a miracle because I come from a family of hoarders (sorry guys, it's true) and I might be the worst of them because I received that artistic gene. God is going to have to rewire me I think. I'm sure Abraham needed a little rewiring too when God told him to get out of town and obey Him...

God's spirit is so great, I don't even have anxiety about the timing of this... yet. Ha!

2 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Just do like I do...move with almost nothing (I slept on the floor for a week) and then borrow things from people gradually (I no longer sleep on the floor... and there is a table in my new kitchen :)...ok, so maybe its not the preferable option. Praying for you :)

 
At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can always come back home. We have a nice big queensize bed for you, a color TV in your room, your own private bathroom, a warm parking stall inside a heated garage, a full fridge a whole lotta love and when you're gone all we have is a garbage can full of wet hankies. Miss you ... hey wait a minute you're back!!!!!!!!!!

Love Momosa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web log free