web log free

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Fall has a rhythm

Man. I'm just getting used to the rhythm of this life.

September began like a freight train here on campus and this week has brought the first "breather" time. The whirlwind that is September was also accelerated due to a need to move houses a second time before the end of the month.

I just want to say that God is good. More and more I'm seeing that the name "God" is just way too small for Him. He is wild, unstoppable, and so incredibly gentle. I have been struggling to keep my ducks in a row this month. I started this new job, which I am madly in love with but am totally green in the details of, I had moving drama at my house, I've walked under pressure to maintain healthy relationships through the drama, I have been squeezed in my personal time with God and felt dry and lonely for Him, and through all of my weaknesses He has seriously proven faithful.

I keep getting this image of being embedded in Him, like I am walking around in His tent and my head and hands peek out to engage the world. He's covered everything this month. God so protects His kids. His shadow has covered me, and my team on campus, in such miraculous ways.

This fall certainly has a particular rhythm. I just want to keep in step.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web log free