web log free

Saturday, October 14, 2006

My brother

Did I ever tell you that I love my brother? Sometimes I get so overwhelmed by the kind of love that is possible in this life. I grew up with this guy and he knows every icky corner of my life (almost! ha!), he's witnessed my moments of deep embarrassment, and he still loves me. We've even developed a secret language of inside jokes and childish humor. (not to be confused with the kind of secret twin language Jodie Foster created for the movie Nell... )

I'm actually in awe of him. He has an incredible tenacity in overcoming hardship, he's hilarious, he lights up rooms when he walks in, and he knows love and walks in it. There has been so much transformation in his life. He's moved from a kid who struggled with authority, encountering hardship in every situation, to a man who has a texture and a depth that seems to have no limits. I love my brother, I love his beautiful wife, and I love that I can share this life with them.

*if you ever see him ask him to do "the raptor" or ask him, "where does this bus go?" and you will wet your pants laughing with what he'll do and say. Don't be afraid to ask him, just ask.

2 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your brother is awesome. I love him more than anyone. He is smart, witty, strong like ox, smells like cucumber after spring showers, and everything.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Kendra Fehr said...

Taaaaaaaaay In A Win
Taaaaaaayyyyyy In A Win

(my fav. part of Nell. Next time you see me, I'll give you an impersonation - that is if my larengitus is gone. Presently I can't talk - I can squeek, and sometimes if it's feeling better I can do the low sexy voice, but I don't think Nell would sound cool in the low sexy voice)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web log free