web log free

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Making Christmas...

Last night Jill, my roommate, and I stayed up making Christmas gifts while watching movies. I think that art making while listening to music or watching a movie could possibly be one of my most favorite things in this whole world. I bet that while God was making the universe He had music surrounding Him. I bet that all of creation, including the full chorus of angels, were filling His ears while He was imagining how to craft the heavens, the earth, the land, the sea, the animals, and humankind. I bet the very first rock he made sang praise back to Him.

Here are some pics of last night's art making extravaganza...

Jill was making tile mosaic pieces for her dad and sister... she finished a coffee tray, three wooden mirror frames, and a couple of flower pots. They turned out fantastic.

I made a small painting for my mom, it's from a photo I took of my dad, as well as a small collage that I am reluctant to give away this year... but I think my dad would really appreciate it.

Here is the small painting of my dad. It's scale is tiny. I think it is around 3" square and I kept fighting with the paint consistency. I only had acrylic paint from this cheap painting kit and the white was transparent! Isn't paint supposed to have pigment in it? Ah well, I think it turned out fine so I won't complain. Mom will love it.

This collage is tiny and is scaled around 2 1/2" squarish. I was thinking about prayer and worship, how heaven floods earth when one opens up and surrenders their heart into the deep hands of the Living God. A ladder is descending from heaven in the collage and the figure is standing in holy wonder.

It is so wild that God was incarnated as a man to save mankind and that a similar incarnation happens within a believer when they turn from worldly pursuits and accept God's gift of Jesus. God becomes alive again in human form, the Spirit of God taking permanent residence in a believers life, Jesus walking the earth in the body of His church. That kind of grace is indescribable. Man, I love Christmas.

Here is a little Keith Green to fall in love with Jesus to... Click here to hear "Oh Lord You're Beautiful."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web log free