web log free

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Fun with Kabuki

Who doesn't like dressing up all Kabuki? I went out with a girlfriend of mine last weekend to a small costume party and it was a blast even though there were only a handful of us dressed up. So, here is the question - what happens when people hit their twenties and thirties to make them less imaginative? Is it the fluorescent lights of the office that sucks the childlike wonder from a person's spirit? Something has to be done to bring these people back to life.

Next year I want to throw a costume party with a specific theme (provided people play along). You know, something like... you have to make a costume out of objects/things from a room in your house or office. Like one could come dressed up as a "bathroom cowboy" and make chaps out of a bath mat, a vest out of a shower curtain, an altered plunger for a shotgun, a toilet paper lasso... you get the picture. Another idea could be a "kitchen pirate" or even a "laundry room clown" The possibilities are endless.

I'm taking party theme suggestions.

5 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

You look hot in kabuki!

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger The confused foreigner. said...

Wow! you look great!


who's Kabuki?

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger kaylealive said...

Oh my gosh we should do parties like this every month at least.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Kendra Fehr said...

I'm there!!!

hey can you forward me the pics you took that night?

 
At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are SO beautiful no matter WHO you are! You give me a YEN for some wasabi and sushi rolls. Wish I was at that party I'd give you a ride home in my Mitsubishi (if I had one).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web log free