web log free

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Collage, painting, and love

So I started making these little tissue paper collages... they are like little love letters to Jesus. I guess I'm using them as a means to worship, and I thought I'd share one here on my blog. I realize that they are kind of childlike and I don't mind that quality about them. They are made with tissue paper, glitter, pencil crayon, and felts. These collages construct tiny stories that are tender, vulnerable, and loving.

Is it possible to open up one's heart completely and let the world see what is inside? I was thinking about that question when I was making this collage. When I opened the door of my life for Jesus to come in there was nothing I could hide from His sight, nothing his blood didn't touch, and nothing that the living Spirit of God didn't restore and bring life to. I love reflecting on salvation in Jesus, when I passed from death to life, and first experienced God's pleasure in me. It makes me want to shout to the world about what I've found, I've seriously found treasure in a field and have sold everything to purchase that field. (Matthew 13)

There is nothing more beautiful, worthwhile, and satisfying than walking with the Living God and sharing Him with the world. My story is just one of many, sprawling the corridors of time, that creates a picture of Jesus' face.

Sometimes I get so excited about God that I think I'll explode in a confetti of joy. I would love to see my generation flooded, person by person, with living water. I would love to see my generation enter into their spiritual inheritance and experience God's love and forgiveness... just like I have.

I think God moves in collage too, He assembles people together to make a larger picture, He sometimes speaks bit by bit... hmm, these are thoughts to ponder.

2 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger julia said...

i love your art! And i love that it's your way to worship--

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Justin E. Chan said...

Thank you for that quite moment of reflection.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web log free