web log free

Monday, January 29, 2007

A summary of the year...

What happened in 2006 you ask? A LOT!
- I moved twice, I'll be moving again in April.
- I fully transitioned careers from artist to campus ministry (a fledgling professor to a missionary!)
- God and I raised all my support to get on campus in the first half of 2006. He surrounded me with a remarkable spiritual family and stretched my faith like a rubber band gripping a watermelon.
- I learned volumes regarding the power of prayer and fasting
- I bought a house with my parents (I mean... my parents helped me get a house that is being built this very minute)
- God brought me significantly deep relationships. My friends Amy and Jill are women of prayer, they are God's gift to me this year.
- I've traveled somewhere out of town nearly every month
- God brought Arno into my life... I'm speachless when it comes to him. Love is such a small word for the ocean of blessing swelling around and within us.

There have been surprises around every corner this past year. I've met insane highs wherein God plopped a blessing in my lap that was so unexpected, Arno is just one example, and there have been some lows where my faith and belief was deeply tested. I look back at some of the disappointments this year held and count them all joy because I know that Jesus' fingerprints are covering everything.

Looking ahead to 2007 - I'm elated, on fire in fact, for what 2007 will hold. I am blown away by what God has done in my life, proven by His work in and around me this past year. God is real, Jesus is real. He is living right now. I've seen that there are no boundaries in heaven or on the entire earth that can quench His love or overrule His authority.

New Years resolution - I don't really believe in them but I do have a serious "goal" that I would like to see accomplished this year. I would like to have Jesus' discipline of rest burned into my heart. I want to walk my life within Godly boundaries of work and rest, so feel free to hold me accountable.

Here is a photo of my best Christmas gift...


it's Arno.

2 Comments:

At 1:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad and I would have to agree!

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

awww :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web log free