web log free

Thursday, February 15, 2007

It's official, I'm engaged!

Okay, okay, okay... I know six months ago I was adamant on not getting married but I'm allowed to change my mind. I know what you are thinking, "what in the world could change this spinster's determined heart?" The gushy answer is the gift of love walking in the form of a man named Arno. Arno asked me to marry him this January 13th and I, doe-eyed and grinning, squealed "yes." So it is official, we are getting married!

I'm looking forward building a life with Arno, we share the same values and I know he will make the best husband for me and the best father for our children. I am convinced that God fashioned us for eachother and I'm looking forward to this gift of marriage. I'm curious what kinds of changes await us down this road, what kinds of experiences we'll share, and what ways I'll have to change that I don't even see right now. I'm excited for it all, all the highs, all the lows, and all the time I'll have with him.

These past few months have been busy, kind of like a hurricane, and I am relishing every moment. Do you remember those 80's game shows where they would put a contestant in a plexi-glass wind tunnel and then shoot money at them and they had to grab as much as they could in a few seconds of time? This engagement season/second semester has been kind of like that and not in a frantic sort of way but in a joy-filled way. There is a lot to do in just a few months, all of which is fun, but the timeline makes this season intense. I don't want to miss a thing.

Here is what is happening by April 27 (the date I leave the country, I get back mid June)
- all wedding details/invitations wrapped up
- I have to move before I leave (my things either go to storage or to our house if it is completed) - I have to support raise for this next year and my trip
- I have to wrap this year up well and prepare student leaders for the upcoming fall semester
- Arno and I are going through pre-marital counseling
- Arno is selling his house and moving whenever our house is done (probably while I'm gone)
I'm looking forward to seeing how God will accomplish all of this because I know we can't do it ourselves.

Here is a list of facts to answer some FAQ's...
1. Yes, we are engaged.
2. The date is set for August 11, 2007.
3. Wedding colors are wine and lilac (like that little tidbit is important in the giant scope of eternity...)
4. Yes, I am staying on with campus ministry, I love it and am looking forward to next year.
5. Yes, I am still going to East Asia this spring.
6. Arno is not in the campus ministry, he works at the airport doing flight plans for air traffic controllers.
7. Yes, Arno speaks German and I do not.
8. Yes, Arno has a soul bigger than the ocean; we share a heart of compassion and service.
9. We are both bad dancers and plan on curing this by taking dancing classes.
10. Yes, we will both be attending my church Terwillegar Community Church...
11. Arno races mountain bikes, I do not (he's really good. If I tried to participate with him I would only keep him back.)
12. All the bigger things for the wedding are done. Church, pastor, reception, my dress, my bridesmaids dresses, the photographer... are all finished. My mother has helped us do everything, she's awesome.
13. Yes, Arno and I will have an open house at some point (not in the near future).



Natalie, my beautiful pregnant sister, and I found wedding dresses at Sposabella in West Ed. This is also where I've purchased my wedding dress (a photo I will not post yet). Nat is my matron of honor, and I am having my friends Amy Bassili and Maureen Spivak also stand up for me. I opted for bridesmaid dresses that have a separate skirt and top by Alfred Sung. They are chiffon and I chose a cranberry/wine color for all of them. All three girls got to choose their own top while all the skirts will stay the same a-line cut, they will be stunning. Here is what Natalie chose for her dress.

3 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Blogger rachel said...

Yay Tiffany! Keep grabbing all the good things God is shooting your way! And keep in mind that after your wedding day you and Arno will have a lifetime to enjoy one another - it won't always be so crazy and fast paced. :)

Rachel

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Tiffany said...

Thanks Rachel! I'm looking forward to that time, it's only five months away. Yikes!

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Mindy said...

Okay Okay Tiff, I guess this does count as a "mass email" and I just didn't read it. Haha. It was good hearing from you last night and it's great to read the details of you guys! That's so exciting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web log free