web log free

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Spring, the ring, and a funny photo

Spring is cutting through the cold here in Edmonton, and winter is slowly dying... the groundhog has come and gone, and snowdrifts are melting into pools too treacherous to navigate in high heels. It's officially rubber boot season. But enough of the weather report. Guess what?!

I got my ring! Arno's official proposal was awesome. He had my brother, Jordan, pick me up under the guise of going for coffee with me, I had no idea what the day had in store. Jordan told me that before we hit a coffee shop that we'd have to stop off at Central Baptist Church so he could get some tithing envelopes before Sunday's service. I didn't think anything suspicious was going on.

So Jordan and I waltzed into the church and I made some random comment about how nice the new tile looked in the foyer. Jordan segued into, "you should see what they did to the sanctuary Tiff." He motioned for me to follow him. As Jordan opened the door I could see Arno standing at the far wall of the sanctuary just in eyeshot from the door. I was so surprised; my body drew quiet as my mind started to race with excitement. "Stay in this moment Tiffany, you'll want to remember this," I told myself. He was wearing his suit, a red tie, a bowler hat and he was holding a big bouquet of lavender tulips.

His hand quaked a little as he pulled out the blue velvet box and got on one knee, all I could do was stand there smiling dumbly... He asked me to marry him, I said (squealed) "yes", and he slipped the ring on my finger, both of our hands shaking just slightly.

You see, this church was the first place we met when we were the tender age of sixteen. We had no idea that day, sitting nervously beside each other on a Central Baptist pew, that we would grow to complete each other. What a story.

Tiffany and Arno giddy and cooing over eachother in the foyer of the Central Baptist Church. Wednesday, February 28th, 2007











After the proposal Arno took me to his house and we had fondu that he had prepared for me! What a man.


A few nights later we were goofing off at my house. How did we arrive at the idea of putting a stocking on our heads you ask? Well, that evening I had supper with my friend Amy Bassili, she grew up in a house that encouraged a culture of scaring people. Amy told a story about a time when one of her roommates ran into her room at three in the morning wearing a stocking on her head...
I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long, long, time. Every time I look at this stupid photo, waves of laughter start all over again...

2 Comments:

At 6:51 AM, Blogger The confused foreigner. said...

Ah, and congratulations again!
Such a sweet story. So happy for the two of you.
K

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and Arno!

Say, any chance you can ask Arno to email me? I'm an old friend of his from waay back.. first name @ majestik.org should get him there.

Thanks

Paul

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web log free