web log free

Monday, April 30, 2007

Leaving on a Jet Plane

So I'll be out of the country for six weeks and I'll be back mid June...
I'm going on a mission project to a country I can't disclose. And here are some prayer requests if you think to pray.

1. pray for safety in travel for the group I'm going with.
2. pray for God to stir the hearts of people we'll be sharing the gospel with.
3. pray that the people who come to faith in Christ through our witness would root deeply in their faith and enter discipleship relationships, with the long term ministry we have in country, right away.
4. pray that the people we would introduce to Jesus would become spiritual mulitipliers - that God would raise them up to ministry in their country and that they would be sent to other countries to the West of them to share the gospel.

personal prayer requests
1. My sister just had a little boy the day I left for this project. His name is Andrew James Peter Johnson and he isn't doing well. He is five weeks premature and isn't eating well, he is also having some trouble breathing properly on his own. Pray for my sister's emotional and physical health as well as the health of my little nephew. I'll post photos when I get home :)
2. pray for Arno and I while I'm on project... six weeks is a long time to be apart before we take the plunge and get hitched.
3. pray for wisdom and discernment as I disciple the girls in my team, pray for a deep community to build between us!

I'm excited to go on this project and will post some photos when I get back. I didn't bring my digital camera and am taking disposable cameras with me instead so the quality might be the pits but at least I've tried right?

1 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger rachel said...

Thinking about you, wondering if you're home this week. Would love to have coffee with you, debrief your past six weeks, chat wedding stuff - whatever. Peace to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web log free