web log free

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Hitting the jet stream

I'm back from my mission trip and there is about a month left until Arno and I get married. It was so good to come home to him, I'm really looking forward to time together after the wedding and my moving in is finished. I've come to realize that I'm a nester. Ever since I got back I've felt this need to be settled, no longer transient, and I wander around our house setting it up with joy.

These days I can be found wandering around, unpacking boxes, setting out kitchen bric-a-brac, doing loads of laundry and putting linens away,it feels good. I think that organizing our new house somehow helps me reorder my busy mind.

I haven't posted for a while because I'm not feeling like myself at all. I think I'm adjusting to being back home and wrapping my head around what needs to get done for the wedding, for our house, for work, for my relationships. I sometimes feel like there are too many balls to juggle - but I'm not complaining because I'm grateful I have so many good things to steward. I'm just challenged right now because every one of them needs some sort of significant attention these days and I'm having a hard time engaging with them. I'm learning to relax in areas and events I can't control.

Maybe God is preparing me for motherhood later. Ha! Don't worry, Arno and I are in NO rush.

Speaking of motherhood, my sister had her baby, Andrew, the day I left. He is easy, happy, and healthy.
This is me holding Andrew. Amazing. What a great treat to come home to.

3 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tiffany,
We are glad to have you home. I have been checking your blog to see an update and I am happy you are getting settled. Wow. Only 37 days until you get hitched. I can't wait to stand by your side and watch you and Arno take your vows to each other before God. It's great to have you home and you do look good holding my precious baby.

Love,
You Know Who

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Tiffany said...

Thanks Lal, I love you.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Kendra Fehr said...

Hey Tiff,
I was thinking of you the other day. I'm leaving to China on August 3. So much to organize - arggghhhh. I would love to hear about your experience. I'm living in Saskatoon already, but give me an e-mail or a call 612-1157. I am very curious to hear about your experience.
Take Care and happy wedding planning!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web log free